Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Providence of God in All Things -1

All that glitters is not gold,
and all  gold doesn't glitter.
Happy the man, who sees a God employ'd
In all the ill and good that checker life! 
Resolving all events, with their effects
And Manifold results, into the will
And arbitration wise of the Supreme.
-William Cowper,  Compendium, p.737



(In Five Parts - Part 1 - These are purely my divisions
- mostly chosen because they are  all marked by the end of a sentence.)


In his hand are the depths of the earth
the heights of the mountains are his also.
-Psalm 95:4

2 comments:

Janine Claire Robinson said...

Hello my friend. Just popping in to let you know that I am passing on the "Stylish Blogger Award" to you today and gave you a shout out on my blog. Each of your posts are always a huge encouragement to me. I know that all who pass through your blog will always come away encouraged! Have a beautiful day.

EJN said...

Janine,
You are a sweet encouragement. It's it just like the Lord to send one of his children to pass it out around just when we need it.
Thanks friend,
Have a great one!