Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Anniversary Day Thank You, Poem and Song

Time evaporates but the memories, foundation, and fruit of this life together remains solid, strong and growing.   Year twenty starts today.  Thank You, God,  we rejoice that from You all blessings flow!

Mrs. Bradstreet beats out Sir Cowper today -

To my Dear and Loving Husband
If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were lov'd by wife, then thee.

If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me, ye women, if you can.

I prize thy love more than whole Mines of gold
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.

My love is such that Rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompence.

Thy love is such I can no way repay.
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.

Then while we live, in love let's so persever
That when we live no more, we may live ever.

- Anne Bradstreet - (1612-1672)
Wife to Judge Simon Bradstreet, Mother to Eight, First Puritan Woman Poet  

 Ok, so my tastes in art are maybe 30% reformed - this is still my fav - meet you in the middle of wherever!


Like a river flows
Surely to the sea
Darling so it goes
Some things are meant to be...

2 comments:

Janine Claire Robinson said...

That is so beautiful. Congratulations to you and your man. 20 years of meaningful moments! What a testimony to those around you. Here's to a whole lot more loving and laughing! Much love to you lovely friend.

EJN said...

Hear, hear. I'll raise a glass to that! Thank you and have a great one, Sweetie!