Friday, July 23, 2010

"To stay you have to believe there is something worth staying for - and then you have to bring yourself back, again and again. The initial glimpse of wonder, of love, of possibility, of expansion becomes a commitment to returning, to bringing yourself back each time you bolt." Women, Food and God Geneen Roth

Taking a little break. My brain and nerves are a bit overworked this morning. Started to read Women, Food and God a few months ago. Picked it back up this morning after reading a blog of a lady on dailymile last night. Her blog jolted my memory. I don't agree with everything in the book but it is interesting and I like this quote. I agree with the quote on some level except,I do not put trust in myself. This leads down the slippery slope of Humanism. I cannot resist the tugging of the Holy Spirit that reminds me it is all about Him, Christ not me. Therefore, I believe it is the Holy Spirit's working in us that brings us back to center. Of center, I mean to Him, CHRIST, in whom our life is hidden, to his callings, whether it be seeing myself accurately in the shadow of His Work, loving my husband and daughter with passion and joy, or seeing the blessings and potential in my vocational callings.

My brain has had musing enough. Back to work.
K. love you today. You're the best.
E. you've done an amazing job this past few weeks, i know your giftings, but somehow you still always surprise me. It's a wonderful Thing. BE.

No comments: