Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Providential Love by the dozen

It has been an interesting week. Rarely do I see shadow and light so intertwined, most often I am left with the faith in Christ that He does all well.
I am ever mindful of God's providence this week as I had a little picture (knowledge - experience) of "shadow transforming to light". Taste and see that the Lord, he is good.


I must explain the shadow and light thing - in "Notes from the Tilt A Whirl" N. Wilson describes God as a sort of Divine Director who tells a story using the shadows (sin and difficulties of this world} to contrast light{HIS}- truth, beauty and goodness.


"In this story , Winter can never hold back the Spring. ... There is a rustling of impatience. Anticipation. Creation creaks and groans, tired of shadow, tired of Winter. ... The sun warms me, reminds me. Be grateful, it says. I have broken the Winter." (Tilt A Whirl,88,89)


So my story began earlier this week when my daughter's head collided with the windshield after I slammed on my brakes to avoid hitting the car in front of me who had stopped suddenly.
Light- my daughter has a hard head and was absolutely fine. I was ever SO thankful then enter Shadow -windshields cost $ - it's tax time, we're tight and the windshield must be replaced.


After calling around -the best deal in town, a little shop a few minutes from our house.

Providence-
1) The accident - my sin of going to fast for the conditions, K. thoughtlessness of forgetting her seatbelt and leaning forward in the front seat to do homework.

2)Finding this particular shop and Feeling utterly compelled beyond reason to go to the shop in the middle of the day - which was nonsense as I broke up my most productive time - and had no transportation back to the house for over an hour. I was telling myself - this is wasteful.

3) The owner of the shop spoke the language and was named for the city Asian I lived in for 6 years.

4) My earnest prayer for a language partner over the past several months as we prepare to return to Asia.

5) This man's wife sitting in national clothes in the lobby of his shop at that particular time.

6) She needing to finish an assignment with an American friend due later that afternoon.

7) An hour and one half of non stop talking in 2 languages and both of us so glad to find each other and chat ( It's a lady truth)

8) Budding friendship and language partnership

9) Invitations to Parties both ways

10) I walk into my house and tell E. the whole story in rapid fire. He says, "Praise God, I am so glad you broke the window."

11) Me realizing - Wow, and all because I was going too fast, - Wait, No! All because He is providential, divine, loving and full of goodness.
12) Joy unspeakable and full of Glory. We are made to see His goodness.
"For God who said. 'Let the light shine in our hearts to give the light of knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. But we have this treasure in jars of clay toshow that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us." 2 Cor. 4

No comments: