Thursday, June 28, 2012

Prayer on the door of St. Stephens Catherdral

God make the door of this house
wide enough to receive all
who need human love and fellowship,
narrow enough to shut out
all envy, pride and strife.
Make its threshold smooth enough
to be no stumbling-block to children,
nor to straying feet,
but rugged and strong enough
to turn back the tempter's power.
God, make the door of this house
that gateway to Thine eternal kingdom.

Amen.

I ran across this prayer again, today.  I have often prayed it for my home.  As my friend and I did craft projects we talked about the trials of life.  My friend and I - we are direct opposites and love each other's strengths - isn't that funny!  Sometimes, opposite's directions when coming upon the same problem can cause strife.  It is wonderful when it can be a means of blessing eachother. She is teaching me how to be direct, which is wonderful when I talk with my daughter and  she says I'm teaching her how to talk preschooler when addressing her two year old.  Isn't it a blessing that we can learn from eachother's giftings how to grow in our own lives and to His kingdom's glory.  Blessed be His name.

No comments: