Monday, April 25, 2011

Like Men on Fire

The resurrection is the reminder that God comes to us in grace. All of time points at the cross and resurrection. "When the disciples grasped the resurrection they were like men on fire, they couldn't stop talking about this new life.  They were connected to the past, they were looking at the present and they had hope for the future."
I woke up and thought, "HE is risen." I call it out to my husband and of course, he responded in turn, "He is risen indeed."  I then felt a little sad that we didn't say that every day - and I remembered reading somewhere that the early Christians greeted eachother with "Rejoice".  Rejoice, that our sins are forgiven, and He has reclaimed us from the dead.
Could not the list to Rejoice, because we have life in his name, go on forever?
That's a list recounting worthy.

Thomas answered him "My Lord and my God!" Jesus said to him, "Have you believed because you have seen me?Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Now Jesus did many other signs in the presence of the disciples, which are not written in this book;  but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name. - John 20

No comments: